The EOSC Future Funding
A substantial part of the EOSC-Future budget has been reserved to fund third parties that will support the uptake of EOSC at different levels by reaching out to data service providers, SMEs and researchers.From June 2021 until June 2023, here at the EOSC Future Funding Platform, you can apply to the following line of funding:
- RDA open calls, bringing data initiatives closer to EOSC and providing EOSC with tools and standards from the global research data community.
RDA open calls
Scientific communities have a huge potential to contribute to the development of research data tools, standards and expertise in the context of EOSC. The RDA Open Calls cover six categories of grants to support the creation of diverse outputs to bring data initiatives closer to EOSC as well as to provide EOSC with tools and standards from the global research data community, ensuring long-term interoperability and standards as well as enabling the accessibility of EOSC via domain ambassadors. Through these Open Calls, funded by EOSC Future and managed by RDA, financial support will be offered for the following categories:
- Calls focused on RDA Working Groups for the development of EOSC solutions
- Calls focused on RDA-EOSC interoperability solutions
- Calls focused on RDA recommendation maintenance and technical support
- Call focused on Scientific discipline and domain specific support – Communities of Practice
- Call focused on Scientific discipline and domain specific support – Domain Ambassadors
- Call focused on Scientific discipline and domain specific support – Cross disciplinary science adoption grants
RDA’s role in EOSC is to enable science communities leverage connections to RDA in order to create tools for European research infrastructures, via RDA working groups for EOSC solutions, to enable excellent research and access to data and to promote open science practices and standards.
Each call will be evaluated by the External Pool of Evaluators , , consisting of international experts from all technical and domain backgrounds. The Open Calls will run continuously from now until 2023 and each call will be open for at least three months, in accordance with EC grant regulations. Applications from organisations and institutions are warmly welcomed. For more information on the work of RDA, see here etc.
Building the social and technical bridges to enable open sharing and re-use of data.